MWS and SPAM

General topics related to the MWS Forum. Check here first for any news about MWS.

Any questions about how to use the Forum, Suggestions or Complaints. Post here, and I'll try to address your concerns. Thanks.
Forum rules
Sexual Questions and Discussions are not permitted in this area of the forum. This area is for General questions on the use of the board. Thank you.
John-MWS
Site Admin

MWS and SPAM

Post by John-MWS »

Lately I have gotten some email that "appeared" to come from my own website, MWS. I don't know if this is just coming to me as the owner of the site, or to all members of the list. Most of them come from a .ru (Russian) domain.

Let me say that MWS will NEVER send anything to you other than the normal announcements or notifications that you request, such as message updates or PM notices. About once a year, I will send a notice of reminder to all subscribed members to remind you of the forum, and weed out those emails that are no longer valid. It also allows non using members a way to let me know they no longer wish to be a subscriber.

Keep in mind, anytime you put your email address in any public forum, you are opening yourself to an unscrupulous member who will "farm" these addresses to email you and try to sell you something. I have no reason to believe this is happening here, but you may not want to put your email in a message just in case.

You will NEVER get emails from me selling anything. My SPAM policy has always been zero tolerance. If you ever find you are receiving emails that you are convinced came from a spammer using MWS, forward it to me, and I will investigate.

Thanks guys!