Menwhoswallow Forum

General topics related to the MWS Forum. Check here first for any news about MWS.

Any questions about how to use the Forum, Suggestions or Complaints. Post here, and I'll try to address your concerns. Thanks.
Forum rules
Sexual Questions and Discussions are not permitted in this area of the forum. This area is for General questions on the use of the board. Thank you.
John
Forum Owner

Menwhoswallow Forum

Post by John »

Guys,
I've come to a decision that wasn't easy. MWS has been around since 1998 with eGroups, then to Yahoo, then in this format in 2004. That is 24 years this coming April.

I've been having a problem with the company that is hosting the Forum. They told me that we are using a large amount of resources, more than we are allotted. I contacted the support for phpBB Forum Software, and they did a complete reinstall of the latest version of the software and cleaned everything up for us. I pulled the Gallery down, thinking maybe that was putting a drain on the system, but no go. The hosting company said it didn't make a difference. We are exceeding resources, and we either need to upgrade to an unlimited package, which is 3 times the cost of the current hosting or shut down. They said they will be doing an audit of our account next Wed, Jan 5th, and will undoubtedly be suspending our account. We are up for renewal in March anyway, which I was not planning to renew anyway.

I have been the only person running this forum for 24 years. It's been great, but the time has come now to close it down. We have a great core group of members, but out of the 14000 members signed up, maybe 30 or so that visit regularly. The support from you guys has been great. Those who donated helped alot, and I thank you very much for that. It did extend the life of the board a few years.

So, we'll see what happens next week. If they pull us, we will be offline next week. Otherwise, if they can tell me where the excessive resources are coming from, and I can fix it, we'll be around until March. You can stay in touch with me through the Twitter account, @menwhoswallow, which is very adult video oriented, so if that offends you, be aware. Just DM me, and I can give you any updates there that I have. I'm not sure how long I'll keep that account going after this Forum shuts down.

Any questions, message me here, email me, or DM me on Twitter. It's been great guys!

John
Paulysj
Expert

Re: Menwhoswallow Forum

Post by Paulysj »

Thank you John for all that you've done here for the past 24 years. as a regular visitor, i will miss this forum and hate to see it go. But you sure have earned a rest. Whether it's gone next week or in March, I hope you will enjoy the next phase of your life. You've been great. Thanks again!
slurpee
Expert

Post by slurpee »

Hi John,

I'm very sorry to learn this!

How much of the decision to shut down in March at the latest is driven by the hosting costs and how much by the effort you have needed to put in?

Could MWS be moved to another hosting company if one could be found that charged less? With so relatively little activity it would seem that the hosting resource load is more from storage than from bandwidth usage.

Would other members volunteering to assist with moderation activity reduce the burden on you sufficiently to keep MWS running?

I hope you have a complete archive of everything posted to date for some future incarnation of MWS should conditions change.

Thanks for all you have done over the life of this forum. To my way of thinking MWS is an extension of what Kinsey and other researchers did and is a valuable sociological resource about human sexual behavior which should absolutely be preserved for that reason if no other.
WillSrvU
Contributor

Post by WillSrvU »

Wow, bit of a shocker! Totally understand wanting to move on after all this time, though.
MWS will be sorely missed. It's one of very few sites I check on a daily basis.
Can only wish you the best and thank you for what you've shared with us for so long!
ALL men enjoy a great blow-job, it’s just that some of us enjoy giving them as well!
mtnhike1
Contributor

Post by mtnhike1 »

Thank you for all you have done, John. Though a latecomer to the site, my past two years here have been invaluable to me. Having this community has helped give me pride in being a cocksucker. I have accepted my role and feel good about what I do now. I will miss MWS and hope something similar will continue. I need the wisdom, experience, and acceptance I have found here.
Qtpichrissie
Expert

Post by Qtpichrissie »

Thanks for all your hard work, time and money John! This forum was an important resource for me discovering my sexuality and I hope it appears again in another form at some point.

Maybe we can start a FetLife group for mws refugees
Cute, feminine mouth literally made to milk cocks and take loads from straight men <3
sterculius
Contributor

Post by sterculius »

I had accepted and made peace many years ago with the fact that I'm a cocksucker, but MWS introduced me to many other men just like myself living with the same urges and compulsions, making me feel less of a freak. As they say "All good things must come to an end" and I thank John for having worked so hard to create such a wonderful sites. I sympathize with John and I wish him the best. Can nothing be salvaged from this wonderful experiment so that it may continue in some more workable format? Being a computer "techtard" myself, I'm unable to offer suggestions, but would be willing to contribute in some modest way to support such a move.
Nov Shmoz Ka Pop. Plunk your Magic Twanger Froggy! What, me worry?
cebaybee
Expert

Post by cebaybee »

John, thank you for all you have done to make life better for me (us). I am proud to be a cocksucker, and this forum has felt like home to me. I hate to see it end. While I can't help with time or effort, I can contribute financially if someone fines a way to extend the forum. My very best wishes to you, John, in all you do in the future.
theswallower
Contributor

Post by theswallower »

I'm sorry to hear that, John. I had hoped to be able to contribute more in 2022. Thank you for all the work and money you've put in over the years. I'm glad that I got to be a small part of such a great site.

Even though I only discovered the site recently through a fellow cocksucker that I work with, I think this loss is as big a hit to cocksucking as the loss of craigslist was. You've done a great thing for all of us who get down on our knees to give pleasure.

Happy New Year, and thanks again!

Mikey
Lots of people know me as lots of things, but the only people who really know me are the ones who've had their dick in my mouth.
mike
Expert

Post by mike »

When I read this post yesterday, I was in shock and for a moment angry that this outlet was being taken away from me. But of course, John deserves our utmost praise for providing this fabulous oasis for us for almost a quarter of a century. I got my first computer in 1999 and stumbled upon egroups and found menwhoswallow and was thrilled to find a place where I could totally be myself and express my true feelings about the men I admired and what I did with them in the most intimate terms. As had been said many times over the years on the original group, the yahoo group and now here is that just about everyone can understand a man who is proud to be gay or bisexual but not everyone can understand a man who is proud to be a cocksucker, and this community made me feel unbelievably welcome.

During my most active times of meeting guys to give head to, I often found myself thinking about how I would post the experience here, even while I was still providing service to the guy. And many times I was sitting at this desk posting my experience with the scent of my most recent conquest on my fingers and the taste of his essence still in my mouth.

Thank you John. You have been incredibly generous with your money and your valuable time for these last twenty-four years and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for providing this home for me to express myself here as I could no other place. I will miss this forum so much but I wish you happiness always.
sex
Expert

Post by sex »

thank you John!
kycocksucker
Expert

Post by kycocksucker »

It's a lot like finding out that they're closing your favorite neighborhood bar...

Oh well, it's been a great run and like everyone, I am deeply appreciative to John and others for keeping it going as long as it has. I always knew I wasn't the only guy who liked to suck cock, but it was wonderful to be able to share experiences with so many of my "brothers".

I hope if anyone else starts a forum like this somewhere else, y'all will remember this Kentucky cock sucker.

Happy new year to you all and many more!
Cocksucker since 1970.
There are many cocksuckers in Kentucky, but there's only one KYCocksucker. :D
hungry4cockinky@gmail.com
BDSMLR: https://bdsmlr.com/blog/KentuckyCocksucker
Adam1981
Expert

Post by Adam1981 »

Oh wow, I really enjoyed my time on this forum. There really isn’t many places where a man can share that he is brazen cocksucker without being mocked and met with disdain. If anyone is on FetLife my name is Adam1981 on there, best of luck to all of you.
one4twooral
Expert

Post by one4twooral »

Thank you John.

As a new feeder I found your site and it helped me get a grip on the fact that regular everyday guys crave swallowing dick and cum.

As a result my own unhealthy misgivings about eaters and feeders were dispelled.

I owe you and the folks regularly posting on here a lot.
swvsucker
Contributor

Post by swvsucker »

I used to be assistant GM on a popular non-sexual forum (117k active users) and we had a similar issue. Turned out it was two-fold. We were getting a massive amount of pings from Chinese hackbots/spambots and we had some inactive users who had been hacked. The spambot attempts were a big source of the problem. They were literally visiting the main url millions of times per day trying to bog the system down and cause a security weakness. We resolved theat issue by requiring authentication prior to accessing the registration page.

With that said, if you are shutting it down anyway, then it may not be worth the effort.

If you are OK with it, I would like to see everyone share their favorite other forums and sites in this genre in case some don't have any other options.

And finally, I hate to see it go, but understand why. It will be missed.
Happily Sucking & Swallowing Since 1984
- Total Sub Eater - Love Giving No Recip BJs
- Dedicated Gloryhole Cocksucker...No Dick Denied
Blog - swvsucker.bdsmlr.com