Menwhoswallow Forum

General topics related to the MWS Forum. Check here first for any news about MWS.

Any questions about how to use the Forum, Suggestions or Complaints. Post here, and I'll try to address your concerns. Thanks.
Forum rules
Sexual Questions and Discussions are not permitted in this area of the forum. This area is for General questions on the use of the board. Thank you.
theswallower
Contributor

Re: Menwhoswallow Forum

Post by theswallower »

Joe Cable wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:48 am Anything I can do, including a regular monetary contribution, just let me know!
Yeah, John. If money is the main issue, I would contribute again, and I think a lot more than Joe and I would. Maybe even some of the lurkers would.

Mikey
Lots of people know me as lots of things, but the only people who really know me are the ones who've had their dick in my mouth.
mtnhike1
Contributor

Post by mtnhike1 »

Anything I can do, including a regular monetary contribution, just let me know!
I have contributed a couple of times and definitely would be willing to contribute more.
John
Forum Owner

Post by John »

OK guys, I gave them the go ahead to extend for another year. They will do the changes shortly, so the system may be down for a short time. I'll update you as soon as it's finished.
csrobj
Expert

Post by csrobj »

Awesome, thanks so much. Let us know how we can help.
North of Orlando; love to kneel and serve.
mike
Expert

Post by mike »

John wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:02 pm OK guys, I gave them the go ahead to extend for another year. They will do the changes shortly, so the system may be down for a short time. I'll update you as soon as it's finished.
Thank you very much John!!!!!! :D
slurpee
Expert

Post by slurpee »

John wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:02 pm OK guys, I gave them the go ahead to extend for another year. They will do the changes shortly, so the system may be down for a short time. I'll update you as soon as it's finished.
Great, John! Thanks so much!

Perhaps with the immediate pressure off, during the coming year you can come up with a plan to preserve and transition management of the forum to someone else if you choose to retire from it after so many years of generous service. It's been a great benefit to all of us, and will be to the greater "COC" (Community of Cocksuckers) who may discover the continuing forum in the future and find fellowship and peace of mind through it.
John
Forum Owner

Post by John »

No word on the upgrade yet guys. They will be taking care of it soon, so hang on. Should the system go down, don't worry, it'll be back soon after.
Joe Cable
Contributor

Post by Joe Cable »

John wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:02 pmOK guys, I gave them the go ahead to extend for another year. They will do the changes shortly, so the system may be down for a short time. I'll update you as soon as it's finished.
As always, John, you are my hero! Our cocksucker in chief has done it again and saved our beloved forum, where we cocksuckers can be fully ourselves as we discuss our passion for sucking the cocks and taking the loads of our feeders so we can pleasure them and they can make us whole with their manhood.
I am a cocksucker
nimum
Expert

Post by nimum »

Great, thanks! I will give you a fantastic blowjob when you are around Cologne / Germany next time.
John
Forum Owner

Post by John »

The upgrade has been completed. As far as I can tell, nothing is changed and all appears to be working. I have a few problems behind the scenes, but If you notice anything, please let me know.

I appreciate all the comments here. I didn't think we'd be around after today. You have asked good questions, and I'll try to answer each one. Just to make you more secure, I have several backups of the board. I try to backup weekly. They can be used here on this board, or if I moved the board to another server. I have never purged any of the messages over the years. That's why there's many old messages from guys long gone from here. Some guys just move on, others ask me to remove them and their messages. I honor that, and those messages are deleted. Otherwise, the Forum should be complete, back to 2004. I feel the thoughts and comments from those men are important, so I have left them available.

Thanks again for your support and comments. You guys are great!

John
csrobj
Expert

Post by csrobj »

:D :) 8)
North of Orlando; love to kneel and serve.
John
Forum Owner

Post by John »

As background as to what started this whole thing, I received an email a few weeks ago from an older member. He had received some bad news about his health, and he was taking care of loose ends. He asked that I delete his membership and all his messages here so they wouldn't be found after he was gone. After a few days, and wiping the tears away, I started thinking the same thing. With Covid around it got me also to be thinking. (I am vaccinated and boostered so that won't happen, but anything could happen.) I wouldn't want family members to be getting bills and notices, then finding the board. That's why I thought this was the time. The threats from the hosting company of a possible shutdown forced me to this a bit quicker than I thought. So that's why my decision seemed so sudden.

Anyway......things seem to be running fine after the update. Part of the problem was this being an "adult" forum, many webhosting companies don't want to host anything with adult sexual content. I found the original company that specifically said they would as long as it was legal. There were legit, very close by me so support was always nearby. We were with them for many years, until they sold to the current company 2 years ago. They raised the rates quite a bit, and possibly reduced service which could be why we suddenly were exceeding our capacity. What will happen next year, or after, I don't know. We'll deal with that through this year. Some of you have asked about helping out or possibly taking over the board if I am not around for whatever reason. If anyone wants to explore that, email me with any questions you might have about what's involved. It does take some amount of work as far as monitoring, upgrades, helping members with system problems, forgotten information, problems with fellow members, that sort of thing. Upgrading the board is a bitch. If you have any knowledge of phpBB or php programming at all it helps. If not, paying for support is possible, and where I've had to turn lately.

Just to let you know, I backup regularly. I never deleted any of the older messages, so all discussions should be still here. We have had to restore from backup several times after software upgrades, and it works fine. I'll continue to backup weekly.

We'll be faced with renewing this hosting site next year again. So if anyone comes across a company that looks promising, let me know, and I'll look at them and check out the possibility. So, there we are. Thank you for all your thoughts and suggestions above. And of course your monetary donations.

So, that's the story, now let's get back to the fun stuff!
micrafb
Expert

Post by micrafb »

John:

Thanks for all of your hard work on the website over all the years of operation! I'm sure it was a lot to keep things going. Good luck in the future!!
Be a cocksucker!
:D
jj101
Expert

Post by jj101 »

Hi. As a relative newcomer to the forum, I'm really pleased to hear it will still be around. It has helped me be more comfortable with exploring this side of my sexuality. Thank you for the effort you are putting in to it.
OralSexGod

Post by OralSexGod »

do you have to have a certian number of posts on this site before you can respond to PMs?