Member Database

General topics related to the MWS Forum. Check here first for any news about MWS.

Any questions about how to use the Forum, Suggestions or Complaints. Post here, and I'll try to address your concerns. Thanks.
Forum rules
Sexual Questions and Discussions are not permitted in this area of the forum. This area is for General questions on the use of the board. Thank you.
John
Forum Owner

Member Database

Post by John »

One of the more popular features of the Yahoo group was the member database. We have one here, but it's not quite as detailed as the one on Yahoo. I'll work on that and see what we can do. Just make sure you listed your City/State/Country in the Location area of your Profile. Now members can find who is nearby.

If you want to look for other members in your area, click on the Memberlist above, and you'll find it. It's sortable, select from the drop down list and sort by area. Assuming the user entered his area on his profile, you'll find others in your area.

Be sure to fill out your locations on your profiles!

Thanks,
John
honor
Expert

Post by honor »

The sorting features seem rather limited on MWS. Now that you have added "location" to the drop down window for search criteria, we can sort by, say, city, either ascending or descending. Results are easy to obtain if you are looking for cities like venice (california) or atherton (california). But if you're looking for a city like minneapolis which is in middle of alphabet, you can't see the results without going page by page. I don't have an option in my browser to, say, jump to page 40.

I tried using the search page but results were mixed and limited.

Is there a way to break down the "location" criteria to a list of 50 states, so that you can pull out only those who live in that state? That may not be as good as using cities, but it would help given the limited sorting function the current MWS program seems to offer. If you could offer a search window where you could search member list by city, that would be even better.

I know you probably are aware of all this, but I"m just posting this suggestion for the record.

honor
BlowBoi
Expert

Re: Member Database

Post by BlowBoi »

How about a link to that Yahoo Group?
unload75

Post by unload75 »

Was wondering whether the option to sort by Memberlist/location could be re-enabled in the newer upgrade?
unload75

Post by unload75 »

Hi
Would be happy to help with the coding/programming a little also..no expert but can find my way.
cheers
Mac
gandhhotspot
Expert

Post by gandhhotspot »

I don't see a member list tab.
John
Forum Owner

Post by John »

gandhhotspot wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:34 pm I don't see a member list tab.
It's down at the bottom of the page where Board Index, The team, Members and Delete Cookies are.
John
Forum Owner

Post by John »

unload75 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:58 pm Hi
Would be happy to help with the coding/programming a little also..no expert but can find my way.
cheers
Mac
Hi Mac, part of the problem is not everyone filled that part of the Profile in. I never made that a mandatory field as I never saw the Forum as a place to hookup. Plus, so many guys filled it in differently. Some will just list the state, some just the country, some just a city. Going back now would be difficult to fix it.

I could see if there is an add on that could be used, and those interested, could start filling it in. Let me see what I can do.
slurpee
Expert

Post by slurpee »

John wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:33 pm Hi Mac, part of the problem is not everyone filled that part of the Profile in. I never made that a mandatory field as I never saw the Forum as a place to hookup. Plus, so many guys filled it in differently. Some will just list the state, some just the country, some just a city. Going back now would be difficult to fix it.

I could see if there is an add on that could be used, and those interested, could start filling it in. Let me see what I can do.
Even so, it's not even possible to find a member by name because there is no global search function. I've thought about copying each page, pasting them into Excel and then sorting by name but it would have been much more work than I was willing to do and it would need to be updated as each new member joined and if someone who has not been active became active. If you had some way to export it in a single operation that might be a solution. The post it somewhere, perhaps in the photo page if that will allow non-image files.

BTW I have never been able to log into the photo section. It does not recognize my PW.
John
Forum Owner

Post by John »

Thanks for the efforts slurpee. It does seem like a difficult task with over 13000 member registrations.

The photo album is separate from the regular forum. You need to signup using your username and password.
slurpee
Expert

Post by slurpee »

John wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:47 pm Thanks for the efforts slurpee. It does seem like a difficult task with over 13000 member registrations.

The photo album is separate from the regular forum. You need to signup using your username and password.
Pretty sure I did, got into it once and never was able to again.

When I try to log in my browser fills it takes me to the Coppermine page with the URL http://menwhoswallow.net/cpg/login.php?referer=

My browser fills in the same PW I use for MWS itself (which is what I chose) and I get "login failure". When I do a "forgot PW" and enter my email addr. I get: "An email has been sent to slurpee212@gmail.com. Please check your email to complete the process." It's been a few minutes and so far no message has been delivered.