Welcome

General topics related to the MWS Forum. Check here first for any news about MWS.

Any questions about how to use the Forum, Suggestions or Complaints. Post here, and I'll try to address your concerns. Thanks.
Forum rules
Sexual Questions and Discussions are not permitted in this area of the forum. This area is for General questions on the use of the board. Thank you.
John
Forum Owner

Welcome

Post by John »

Hi everyone, welcome to the MWS Forum. This is a new format after 6 years using Egroups, then Yahoogroups.

The Yahoo group grew to about 18,000 members. Using email and online, that was a lot of members visiting and reading our stories. If this forum grows anywhere near that, it will take more than just me to moderate it. If anyone would be interested in moderating any of the individual forums, please contact me.

I hope everyone will use the forum as they did the Yahoo group. Your stories, questions and experiences were appreciated by everyone.

Any question, let me know.

John
MWS
CumE8or

Post by CumE8or »

John, thanks for finally getting me over here... I do have several questions

1. Is their any way this form's messages can be emailed to us similar to the yahoo groups?

2. May we advertise this forum on yahoo groups that are still active and of which we are a member?

The server speed seems a bit slower than on yahoo and will really get slow when the forum has many more members or visitors... I have no idea what to do about that other than charge members something viewing the forum so you can pay for a bigger and faster server.

Thanks for all that you have done for us.... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
John
Forum Owner

Post by John »

CumE8or wrote: 1. Is their any way this form's messages can be emailed to us similar to the yahoo groups?

2. May we advertise this forum on yahoo groups that are still active and of which we are a member?
Hi CumE8or, right now, I don't think there's a way to have messages emailed to you. However, I'm still learning how to use many of the features or modifications of this software, so something might come up. Be sure to check the box to notify you when a reply to a message is posted. Then you can check back to keep up on the threads you were interested in.

I haven't noticed any speed issues on this site so far....it's a new account at a web server, and so far they've seemed to keep up. If anyone notices it being slow, let me know.

Second, if you have the moderator's permission of the forums on Yahoo to advertise in their group, go ahead. Feel free to promote it how you would like. I just don't want to be associated with SPAMMING any group. I've never let anyone advertise on MWS, nor have I ever advertised in another group. That's not fair to group owners. But, if you use a signature line and add the address of MWS, I don't have a problem with that, if they don't.
CumE8or

Post by CumE8or »

Thanks for the information and direction, John.

CumE8or